REPORT: Dispatchers Tell Him To Stop Calling Or He’ll Be Arrested. He Keeps Calling. Is Arrested.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach man was jailed early Friday morning after police say he called 911 repeatedly — to complain about the police.
Colin Melcher, according to Delray Beach police, was in a domestic dispute with a woman that required officers to respond to his home in the 1900 block of Linton Lake Drive. They did, and Melcher was allegedly unhappy with the result of their work.
Wrote an officer, “After officers left, Melcher continued to call 911 and was advised by dispatch if he did not stop, he would be arrested. He continued to call 911 and stated he did not care that he was going to be arrested. Melcher called 911 at 2302 hours, 2305 hours, 2309 hours, again at 2309 hours, and 2316 hours.”
Police returned to his home and placed Melcher under arrest. The charge: “false 911 calls.”
He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 1:28 Friday morning and released just after 6 a.m. on his own recognizance. He’s scheduled to be back in court in November.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DISCONNECT: AT&T Claimed Our Outage Reporting Was Fake News, But Why?
- CANCER: MedExpress Sued For Allegedly Misdiagnosing Local Woman
- Police Seek Fast Food Armed Robbery Suspect
- EXCLUSIVE: Palm Beach Firefighter Who Flipped Truck In Boca Raton Hit Tree In 2020
- SIRENS: Delirium At Target, Traumatic Injury At WalMart, Choking In Canyon Isles
- MASSIVE AT&T INTERNET OUTAGE IN WEST BOCA, WEST DELRAY
- DO YOU KNOW HER? Boynton Police Ask For Help Identifying Woman, Finding Her Home
- Kinsa Says Palm Beach County Still Looking Good For COVID-19
- BREAKING NEWS: DELRAY CITY WORKER STUCK IN WELL