Firefighters, Rescuers Injured. Station 55 In Boca Raton.
Watch Video As Flipped Fire Truck Is Uprighted…
Second Crash In Area Of Palmetto Park and Lyons. Avoid Entire Area.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 5:55 p.m.: New photos, videos added to story.
UPDATE: 5:14 p.m: Still no official comment from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue or PBSO, but photos and dispatch reports now confirm the crash at Palmetto Park and Powerline. We have learned several firefighters and rescuers were themselves transported to area hospitals for treatment.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (4:23 p.m.) — Dispatch reports monitored by BocaNewsNow.com indicate that a Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Truck was involved in a serious crash in the area of Palmetto Park Road and Jog Road a short time ago.
Initial information provided to BocaNewsNow.com indicates that Engine 55 is the vehicle involved. That is a truck assigned to the fire station on Palmetto Circle in Boca Raton.
We are awaiting updates from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
Multiple crew members, according to dispatch reports, are being taken to an area hospital.
This video was shot seconds after the crash by Frederick Wittkopf.
A second critical crash was also just dispatched in the area of Lyons and Palmetto Park. It’s unclear if the two incidents are related.
Roads are closed in the area. If you have photos or video of the crash, please email news (at) BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella