More Cancellations. More Delays. Miami International. Fort Lauderdale. Palm Beach International.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The problems continue Monday for travelers hoping to fly into or out of South Florida on American Airlines.
The airline canceled more than 1500 flights over the weekend, including many in and out of Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach International, and its major hub of Miami International. Those cancellations continued Monday.
A look at flight boards mid-morning for FLL, PBI, and MIA showed a new set of cancellations. But in an encouraging sign, there were many flights showing delays. That suggests that flights are going to happen at some point — just not when scheduled.
At issue: crew shortages and bad weather in Dallas — one of American’s major hubs. The double domino effect of delays and staffing shortages meant crews couldn’t be where they were supposed to be and planes couldn’t be where they were supposed to be. Without crews and planes, flights don’t happen.
American Airlines is the latest to suffer a major meltdown. Southwest and Spirit all suffered significant problems over the past several weeks, and there is concern that the holiday travel season may be a mess.
We encourage you to check your flight on the American Airlines website before heading to the airport. BocaNewsNow.com also reminds you that if your flight doesn’t fly, it may be faster to dispute the charge with your credit card company than to wait six hours for a callback from an airline.
Let us know your American Airlines South Florida travel experience by using the form, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart