JUST SAY NOSE! Pharmacy Techs Wearing Masks As “Chin Diapers” In West Boca Raton While Handling Medication, Prepping Shots…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — At least two pharmacy workers at the Publix located at U.S. 441 and Glades Road in Boca Raton were seen Monday handling medication and preparing vaccines while improperly wearing masks.
The women, who spent considerable time gabbing with each other, were notably not covering their noses as they worked on medication and vaccinations. The Publix serves a largely elderly population. Several senior citizens were in line, waiting for COVID-19 booster shots being prepared by the workers.
Officially, Publix does not require masks for employees who are fully vaccinated. The vaccination status of these workers was unclear. A Publix spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for explanation or clarification from BocaNewsNow.com regarding mask policies for pharmacy employees directly handling medication or interacting with customers.
Like much of the retail sector, Publix has been experiencing medication shortages, staffing issues, and service delays. Multiple readers contacting BocaNewsNow.com have complained of pharmacy-related service at several Publix locations across Palm Beach County.
We will update once an official comment is received from Publix regarding the handling of medication and vaccines by employees who are wearing their masks as “chin diapers,” but not actually covering parts of their bodies that could transmit COVID, the flu, or other illnesses.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart