Service Just Resumed After 19-Month COVID Shutdown. One-Year-Old In Car Hit By Train. Service Suspended…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Brightline train heading south hit a car driven by a 71-year-old woman in Pompano Beach Monday morning.
The crash, which occurred in the City of Pompano Beach, remains under investigation. The City of Pompano Beach issued this advisory Monday afternoon:
“Shortly after 10:00 a.m. this moming, Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded to an accident
involving a train at N.E. 3 Street and North Flagler Avenue.
Upon arrival, Pompano Beach Fire Rescue crews found a severely damaged car and a Brightline train stopped on the railroad tracks. The occupants of the car, a 71-year-old woman and her one-year-old grandson were out of the car. A Brightline employee had disembarked the train after the accident and assisted in getting the baby out of the car. According to witnesses on scene, the driver was heading east on N.E. 3′ Street and made a right hand turn driving onto the railroad tracks, As the southbound train approached the area, the driver was attempting to get off of the tracks, but not before the train struck the back of the car and spun it around.
The woman was taken to Broward Health North with non-life threatening injuries. The baby was also transported to Broward Health North for evaluation. None of the 53 passengers aboard the train were injured.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified