Service Just Resumed After 19-Month COVID Shutdown. One-Year-Old In Car Hit By Train. Service Suspended…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Brightline train heading south hit a car driven by a 71-year-old woman in Pompano Beach Monday morning.
The crash, which occurred in the City of Pompano Beach, remains under investigation. The City of Pompano Beach issued this advisory Monday afternoon:
“Shortly after 10:00 a.m. this moming, Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded to an accident
involving a train at N.E. 3 Street and North Flagler Avenue.
Upon arrival, Pompano Beach Fire Rescue crews found a severely damaged car and a Brightline train stopped on the railroad tracks. The occupants of the car, a 71-year-old woman and her one-year-old grandson were out of the car. A Brightline employee had disembarked the train after the accident and assisted in getting the baby out of the car. According to witnesses on scene, the driver was heading east on N.E. 3′ Street and made a right hand turn driving onto the railroad tracks, As the southbound train approached the area, the driver was attempting to get off of the tracks, but not before the train struck the back of the car and spun it around.
The woman was taken to Broward Health North with non-life threatening injuries. The baby was also transported to Broward Health North for evaluation. None of the 53 passengers aboard the train were injured.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police