Did Restaurant Worker Pull Chair From Under Woman In Boca Raton?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A South Palm Beach County woman is suing The Cheesecake Factory, claiming that a restaurant worker pulled the chair out from under her, causing her to fall to the ground.
What sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit isn’t funny to Nancy Passarelli. Her attorneys filed suit over the November 17, 2018 incident.
According to the suit, “Nancy Passarelli was caused to fall when an employee, agent and/or apparent agent of Defendant, Cheesecake Factory, moved the chair Nancy Passarelli was attempting to sit in. At the time of the subject fall, Passarelli was an invitee and patron of the above mentioned restaurant owned and operated by Defendant, Cheesecake Factory.”
Adds the suit: “Cheesecake Factory was negligent when their employee, agent and/or apparent agent negligently, without paying proper attention to where Plaintiff was going to sit, without using due care, and without acting reasonably moved the chair Plaintiff Nancy Passarelli was attempting to sit in. As a direct and proximate result of the aforementioned negligence, Plaintiff Nancy Pssarelli fell on the floor.”
The suit claims the Passarelli sustained multiple injuries. She is suing for excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Based on today’s pricing, she could purchase 3,351 slices of “Chocolate Carmalicious Cheesecake.”
There was no immediate response filed by Cheesecake Factory.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart