Not Necessarily COVID, As Flu, Colds, Fall Fevers Return…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The risk of getting sick is increasing again in Palm Beach County. The latest HealthWeather report prepared by Kinsa shows that Palm Beach County is again out of the green zone and back into yellow.
Kinsa is the company that continues to receive high praise for its accurate predictions of health conditions in local communities nationwide. Using a network of “connected” thermometers that send anonymized data to the cloud, Kinsa accurately predicted the first wave of COVID-19, then continued to accurately predict subsequent waves. It’s not just COVID. Kinsa’s data is for all fever-related illnesses, including the flu-like bug that is sickening many in and around Palm Beach County.
While the latest report is notable, it is a far cry from the level “99” and ‘red’ zone recorded for Palm Beach County throughout much of the summer. There are, of course, other illnesses than COVID out there, and the rise may nothing more than a return to a regular sick season where colds and the flu dominate.
In its own report, Walgreens ranks Florida as the fifth most active for flu activity. Walgreens bases its report on the number of prescriptions filled at its stores for flu-like symptoms.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Disturbance May Grow, Florida Should Watch
- DUI: Three Arrests Overnight, Here’s Who Got Busted In Boca, Delray Beach
- HURRICANE CENTER: Agatha, Near Mexico, May Be One To Watch
- TRAVEL: Flight Delays, Cancellations Mount In South Florida
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim