Police: Drove Into Bicycle Lane Three Times While Speeding.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — An area real estate agent temporarily relocated to a one bedroom with bars following his arrest for DUI early Saturday morning.
David Wellens of Michelangelo Boulevard in Delray was arrested by Delray Beach Police late Friday night. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 12:02 a.m.
While the arrest report continues to be processed Saturday evening, citations reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com reveal that Wellens “drove into a Florida Department of Transportation Bicycle Lane 3 Times” in the area of 1400 SW 10th Street in Delray Beach. He was also speeding, according to a second ticket issued by police
A third ticket, showing that Wellens was required to surrender his drivers license, revealed that he also refused to provide a breath sample. That violates “implied consent” under Florida law. Wellens, according to police, was driving a 2018 Black Honda.
Wellens was released on his own recognizance at 6:07 a.m. Saturday. A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton
- TROPICAL TROUBLE: Three Systems Growing, Potential Cyclone Likely To Develop
- Boynton Man Sues Marriott, Child Injured At Gaylord Palms
- Delray Beach Woman Jailed On Drug, Vehicle Violations
- DEVELOPING: Woman With Multiple Gunshot Wounds Found, Dies