Police: Drove Into Bicycle Lane Three Times While Speeding.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — An area real estate agent temporarily relocated to a one bedroom with bars following his arrest for DUI early Saturday morning.
David Wellens of Michelangelo Boulevard in Delray was arrested by Delray Beach Police late Friday night. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 12:02 a.m.
While the arrest report continues to be processed Saturday evening, citations reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com reveal that Wellens “drove into a Florida Department of Transportation Bicycle Lane 3 Times” in the area of 1400 SW 10th Street in Delray Beach. He was also speeding, according to a second ticket issued by police
A third ticket, showing that Wellens was required to surrender his drivers license, revealed that he also refused to provide a breath sample. That violates “implied consent” under Florida law. Wellens, according to police, was driving a 2018 Black Honda.
Wellens was released on his own recognizance at 6:07 a.m. Saturday. A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching