Known Now By New Name “The Boca Raton,” The Hotel Is Is Facing Two Serious Injury Lawsuits.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Boca Resort, now known as “The Boca Raton,” is facing another lawsuit. This time, a woman claims that she was critically injured when she jumped out of the way of a shuttle bus that came very close to where she was walking near her bungalow.
Holly Tyler claims that the Boca Resort, owned by Hilton at the time of the incident, was unsafe — there were no sidewalks in front of the “bungalow/condo” area. On February 27, 2020, she claims that “a shuttle bus, operated by Hilton, failed to use due care when entering the entrance area of the bungalow/condo area, coming around the corner at a high rate speed and in a reckless manner. To avoid being struck, Tyler jumped out of the way, and landed on a curb outside of the bungalow/condo area, causing her serious injury.”
The lawsuit follows another lawsuit filed just a few weeks ago. That suit claims that an open gate closed on the head of a man riding a bicycle under the gate. The gate had been in the up position for extended period of time, according to the suit, and there were no warnings to stay away.
The Boca Resort was part of Hilton’s Waldorf-Astoria brand until earlier this year when it became an independent property and changed its name to the much mocked “The Boca Raton.” It is unclear what language the sales agreement included to resolve pending and future litigation.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella