BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School Board on Wednesday is expected to approve between $2.3M and $5M in additional funds to transport special needs children in district.
From a proposal reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com:
“This Bid is used primarily for our medically fragile student population and includes the cost of nurses that travel with these students. Services also include transport of our McKinney-Vento, Foster Care, and ESE students when a school bus route is not available.
Private transportation is only used when the Transportation Department cannot meet the students’ needs through yellow school bus or Palm Tran/Tri Rail transportation services.
The additional funds requested will be used due to an increase in ridership due to current driver shortages, an increase in McKinney Vento students, and an increase in cases that could not be supported by yellow bus transportation i.e. ESE program distribution, fragile students and those with delicate behavioral needs.”
The services are provided by ALC Schools LLC and Med Aide Services, Inc.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW