Now 6,979 Cases in District As Omicron Fears Grow…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — With Omicron expected to fuel another COVID surge within weeks, there is already a notable trend starting up in the Palm Beach County School District.
After weeks of seemingly no — or very few — cases being reported, several Boca Raton area schools are again logging COVID-19 infections.
Verde K-8, Boca Raton Elementary, Boca Raton High, Calusa, Omni Middle, Polo Park Middle, Morkiami, Addison Mizner, Atlantic High, Spanish River High, and West Boca Raton Community High School have all reported new COVID-19 cases over the past few days. Some schools have reported multiple cases. The uptick seems to be in sync with the Palm Beach County School District eliminating its mask mandate after more legal wrangling by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
There is growing concern that Omicron will take hold in the area as revelers descend on the region for the holidays — bringing with them a vacation mentality but no masks.
While California and New York institute new, temporary indoor mask mandates in an effort to thwart Omicron, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is taking no public action to fight the variant in an effort to keep the state safe.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching
- Massachusetts Man Allegedly Batters Driver After Boca Raton Crash