Claims Equipment Should Not Have Been Near Tennis Table Area.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The latest drama in Kings Point doesn’t involve the arrest of a sex offender, an assault, the threat of murder or a resident jumping the fence at a nearby private school, but instead a man who claims he bumped his head in the gym on equipment that shouldn’t have been there.
Alec Brumberg is suing Kings Point, claiming that he hit his head on a piece of gym equipment that shouldn’t have crossed the line into the “table tennis area.”
From the suit: “Alec Brumberg was playing table tennis when he bent down to pick up a table tennis ball and hit his head as he stood up on a piece of exercise equipment that was negligently allowed to hang over the and cross the divider meant to delineate between the exercise machine portion and the table tennis portion of the room.”
Brumberg, according to the suit, was seriously and severely injured, and his wife will no longer be able to receive assistance, companionship or consortium from her husband.
The suit seeks in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for circuit court in Palm Beach County. The Brumbergs are represented by Elizabeth Finizio in Fort Lauderdale. The defendant is named as “Kings Point Recreation Corporation.”
Read the suit, below.PBC-Kings-Point-Lawsuit-Dec1521
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching