Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Now 6.77 Percent.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Florida is again worsening. The United States Department of Health and Human Services early Sunday reports that 1,511 Florida hospital beds are now in use by COVID patients, with 275 in ICUs.
On Saturday, 405 adults were admitted to Florida hospitals with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, while 23 pediatric admissions were recorded. Pediatric is defined as anyone under the age of 18.
At least twelve people died on Saturday, in a Florida medical facility, from COVID-19.
Hospital admissions for influenza are also on the rise. Eighteen people were admitted to Florida hospitals on Saturday for the flu, bringing the total flu hospitalizations to 82. No one died on Saturday from influenza in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the Centers for Disease Control reports the positivity rate has jumped 3.24 percent to 6.77 percent, with 70 local hospital admissions over the past seven days. 2,384 confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been logged in PBC over the past week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching