School District Reports 7,171 Cases. Same Time Last Year: 1,268.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — There is a troubling trend in the Palm Beach County School District which has reported relatively low numbers of COVID infections over the past several weeks.
Not including the just-ended weekend, a time when cases are rarely reported, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday showed significant increases in positive COVID-19 tests for students and staffers.
On Wednesday, 43 new cases were reported. On Thursday, 52 new cases were reported. On Friday, 68 new cases were reported.
Olympic Heights High School leads the way with the most reported new cases over the past several days, with West Boca Raton Community High and Eagles Landing Middle Schooll also reporting notable numbers.
The top COVID-19 school so far this year is Seminole Ridge High with 157 students and 6 staffers testing positive, followed by Boca Raton High School with 129 students testing positive and 15 staffers. Other Boca-area schools of note: Olympic Heights High School with 89 students testing positive and 7 staffers; Spanish River High School with 85 positive students and 4 positive staffers; West Boca Raton Community High with 75 positive students and 11 positive staffers; and Calusa Elementary with 71 positive students and 6 positive staffers.
The Palm Beach County School District reports 7,171 confirmed COVID-19 cases this school year, with 1,019 employees and 6,152 students.
By comparison, the Palm Beach County School District — the same time last year — had only logged 1,268 cases.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton