School District Reports 7,171 Cases. Same Time Last Year: 1,268.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — There is a troubling trend in the Palm Beach County School District which has reported relatively low numbers of COVID infections over the past several weeks.
Not including the just-ended weekend, a time when cases are rarely reported, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday showed significant increases in positive COVID-19 tests for students and staffers.
On Wednesday, 43 new cases were reported. On Thursday, 52 new cases were reported. On Friday, 68 new cases were reported.
Olympic Heights High School leads the way with the most reported new cases over the past several days, with West Boca Raton Community High and Eagles Landing Middle Schooll also reporting notable numbers.
The top COVID-19 school so far this year is Seminole Ridge High with 157 students and 6 staffers testing positive, followed by Boca Raton High School with 129 students testing positive and 15 staffers. Other Boca-area schools of note: Olympic Heights High School with 89 students testing positive and 7 staffers; Spanish River High School with 85 positive students and 4 positive staffers; West Boca Raton Community High with 75 positive students and 11 positive staffers; and Calusa Elementary with 71 positive students and 6 positive staffers.
The Palm Beach County School District reports 7,171 confirmed COVID-19 cases this school year, with 1,019 employees and 6,152 students.
By comparison, the Palm Beach County School District — the same time last year — had only logged 1,268 cases.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella