As Holidays Approach, COVID Spreading Again… HOA’s Countywide Consider Shut Downs, Activity Bans, Mask Mandates
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County’s COVID-19 positivity rate continues to climb, now hitting numbers not seen since the Delta surge. The Centers for Disease Control just elevated Palm Beach County’s seven day rolling average to 10.73 percent.
Several Homeowner Associations, Condo Associations and Country Clubs reaching out to BocaNewsNow.com say they are again considering holiday and other activity cancellations. None wanted to be named saying they don’t want to be the first to order masks or cancel events.
“But it’s going to happen,” said one area HOA official to BocaNewsNow.com. ”It has to happen. We are all watching the numbers and we are all very concerned. People come here on vacation and leave those of us who live here with sickness and death. We’ve learned from past years.”
While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has banned mask mandates in public places, a private HOA can enact any rule that its board of directors approves. If a Board wants masks in its community clubhouse, it has the authority to institute such a rule. The Board has the right to fine or take other action against violators. BocaNewsNow.com, however, is unaware of any local community currently enforcing a mask mandate.
Statewide, 1,643 hospital beds are now being used by COVID-19 patients. At least 370 adults were admitted on Monday for COVID-19 care while 24 children under age 18 were admitted.
Fifteen COVID-19 deaths were reported in Florida on Monday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY
- BREAKING: TORNADO WATCH IN EFFECT
- “MY SON STABBED ME!” Boca Raton Man Jailed For Attempted Murder
- SIRENS: Assaults In Delray Beach, Sick On I-95, Dead On The Intracoastal
- BREAKING: Adult Dead, Two Children Critical Following Boat Crash On Intracoastal
- At Least 71 Die From COVID In Florida Hospitals Friday
- Boca Raton’s Chris Evert, Tennis Superstar, Announces Cancer Diagnosis