District Added Just A Few Cases A Day For Months, Concern Over Dramatically Rising Numbers…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is facing trouble as 410 cases of COVID-19 have been logged in just two days. The increase follows several months of minimal case additions on a daily basis.
The school district added 207 new cases on Tuesday.
The skyrocketing numbers come just weeks after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis found sympathetic judges who supported his ban on mask mandates, forcing school districts statewide to hope and pray that students and teachers make smart choices, but possessing little authority to punish those who do not. The end result: 7,580 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County Schools this school year — more than five times the number of cases recorded at the same point one year ago.
Among local schools with the highest reported case counts: Boca Raton High School with 147 COVID cases, Olympic Heights High School with 109 cases, Spanish River High with 101, Verde K-8 with 100, Calusa Elementary with 88 cases, Eagles Landing Middle School with 84 cases, West Boca Raton Community High with 90 cases, and Addison Mizner Elementary with 76 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
There continues to be significant concern that a case explosion is weeks away after families travel, or welcome visitors from out of the area — all while taking part in unmasked activities.
Governor DeSantis has banned ”distance learning” in Florida, leaving schools without the option to return to virtual education in an effort to stop the latest spread of COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY