Agency To Clean, Sanitize Water System. Water May Smell, Taste Different…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County Water Utilities Department says your water may taste a bit off starting on January 6th. That’s when the agency initiates its regularly scheduled sanitization.
In order to deliver the highest quality water to our customers, Palm Beach County Water Utilities (PBCWUD) requires periodic line flushing and temporary treatment modification. These modifications to the disinfection process are routine and an industry best practice as a precautionary measure to maintain the water quality.
From January 6 through January 26, 2022, PBCWUD will be using free chlorine as opposed to chloramine for water treatment. This is only temporary, and the water is safe to drink. PBCWUD follows Environmental Protection Agency regulations throughout the process.
PBCWUD customers may notice a slight variation in the taste or smell of their water during this period. It’s recommended that customers who are sensitive to this change keep an open container of drinking water refrigerated for a few hours allowing the chlorine to dissipate.
Users of home dialysis machines, owners of tropical fish and managers of stores and restaurants with fish and shellfish holding tanks are advised to seek professional guidance for removing chlorine residuals
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY
- BREAKING: TORNADO WATCH IN EFFECT
- “MY SON STABBED ME!” Boca Raton Man Jailed For Attempted Murder
- SIRENS: Assaults In Delray Beach, Sick On I-95, Dead On The Intracoastal
- BREAKING: Adult Dead, Two Children Critical Following Boat Crash On Intracoastal
- At Least 71 Die From COVID In Florida Hospitals Friday
- Boca Raton’s Chris Evert, Tennis Superstar, Announces Cancer Diagnosis