GOING NOWHERE FAST. AIRLINES CANCEL THOUSANDS OF FLIGHTS TODAY THROUGH CHRISTMAS.
BY: TRAVEL DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Christmas travel is off to a bad start, and is likely to get worse, as major airlines are cancelling thousands of flights due to Omicron and related flight crew issues.
A mid-morning check of flight boards for all South Florida airports shows Delta, United, Jet Blue, Spirit, Air Canada, and others cancelling flights. Among those not flying: Delta flights to New York and Detroit, and United flights to Newark. These are significant cuts as Delta uses Detroit and United uses Newark as major hubs servicing the rest of the world.
Airlines Friday morning are blaming crews now sick with the Omicron variant of COVID-19 as the cause for cancellations.
If your flight is cancelled, it is unlikely that you will find another before Christmas — airlines are still operating with reduced capacity, and planes that are flying are largely packed. Unlike pre-COVID days, empty seats are largely non-existent.
View the Fort Lauderdale flight board here, and the Palm Beach International flight board here. We remind you: flight delays and cancellations rapidly change, so please save yourself grief and check before heading to the airport.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton
- TROPICAL TROUBLE: Three Systems Growing, Potential Cyclone Likely To Develop
- Boynton Man Sues Marriott, Child Injured At Gaylord Palms
- Delray Beach Woman Jailed On Drug, Vehicle Violations
- DEVELOPING: Woman With Multiple Gunshot Wounds Found, Dies