At Least 23 Die From COVID In Florida Hospitals On Christmas, According To HHS.
Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Approaching 15 Percent.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Christmas Day was not a good day for COVID mitigation in Florida. At least 733 adults and 45 children under age 18 were admitted to hospitals for COVID-19 treatment. That brings the total number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Florida to 2,302, according to data from the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
The number has climbed from very low triple digits just a few weeks ago. At least 23 people died in Florida hospitals from COVID-19 on Christmas.
Comparatively, no patients died from influenza on Christmas. 90 people in Florida are hospitalized for the flu.
The Palm Beach County positivity rate has not updated since December 23rd when the CDC reported it as 13.56 — rising eight percent in just a week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton
- TROPICAL TROUBLE: Three Systems Growing, Potential Cyclone Likely To Develop
- Boynton Man Sues Marriott, Child Injured At Gaylord Palms
- Delray Beach Woman Jailed On Drug, Vehicle Violations
- DEVELOPING: Woman With Multiple Gunshot Wounds Found, Dies