BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are heading home, heading on vacation, or expecting someone to visit you in South Florida, the magic eight ball says signs point to ”going nowhere fast.” Massive delays and cancellations continue Delta, JetBlue, United, Alaska, and other airlines operating in and out of South Florida.
The delays started on Christmas and continue. Omicron sickouts, weather, and other problems are leading to the delays and canceled flights.
Making the bad situation worse, recovery is taking days or longer. Capacity is still so reduced due to COVID-19 that the days of the airline putting you on a flight in three hours are long gone. Many travelers are being told the next available flight is days away — or completely non-existent.
Use this link to access the Fort Lauderdale airport flight board. Here is the link for PBIA. If your flight is canceled or delayed, the best bet is to attempt to solve the problem online. Hold times for airlines can now run into hours for non-elite level passengers.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees