BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are heading home, heading on vacation, or expecting someone to visit you in South Florida, the magic eight ball says signs point to ”going nowhere fast.” Massive delays and cancellations continue Delta, JetBlue, United, Alaska, and other airlines operating in and out of South Florida.
The delays started on Christmas and continue. Omicron sickouts, weather, and other problems are leading to the delays and canceled flights.
Making the bad situation worse, recovery is taking days or longer. Capacity is still so reduced due to COVID-19 that the days of the airline putting you on a flight in three hours are long gone. Many travelers are being told the next available flight is days away — or completely non-existent.
Use this link to access the Fort Lauderdale airport flight board. Here is the link for PBIA. If your flight is canceled or delayed, the best bet is to attempt to solve the problem online. Hold times for airlines can now run into hours for non-elite level passengers.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots
- Palm Beach County Man To Federal Prison For Bank Fraud
- COPS: Another Predator Moves To Boca Raton, Here’s His Home Address
- TROPICS: Hurricane Center Says System Likely To Develop Southeast Of Florida
- Woodfield HOA Sues Homeowner Over Unpaid Fees
- ACTIVE SHOOTER DRILL TONIGHT AT FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT
- AMERICAN HERITAGE SCHOOL: Elite Universities Call On 2022 Graduates
- Firefighter Arrested In Fort Lauderdale Airport Car Rental Scheme