Deceased, 13, Was Pursued By Boynton Beach Police At Time Of Crash.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that the 13-year-old boy who died while trying to flee Boynton Beach Police on a motorbike hit the curb, then crashed into a one-way sign in the median.
BocaNewsNow.com first reported on the crash Sunday afternoon. While the incident involved Boynton Beach Police, the department turned over the investigation to Florida Highway Patrol which traditionally investigates motor vehicle incidents involving local police departments.
From FHP, which identifies the motorbike as Vehicle 1: “Vehicle 1 (V01) was traveling northbound on US Highway 1 approaching NE 8th Ave in the left lane. The driver of Vehicle-1 failed to maintain control of the vehicle and collided with the median curb. After impact with the median curb, the driver was ejected from Vehicle-1 and collided with a one-way sign that was located in the median.
The driver of Vehicle-1 came to final rest on southbound US Highway 1 in the left turn lane to NE 8th Ave, facing west in a prone position. After the impact with the median curb, Vehicle-1 was redirected in a northeasterly direction, where it came to final rest in the right lane, facing north. The driver of Vehicle-1 succumbed to the injuries caused by the crash and was pronounced deceased on scene. This case is pending investigation.”
The identity of the deceased teen has not been officially released. The Boynton Beach Police officer who initiated the traffic stop is on paid administrative leave, per department policy.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY