BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another 1,721 COVID-19 patients were admitted to Florida Hospitals on Sunday while at least 30 people died from COVID-19 in a Florida medical facility.
The latest numbers bring the inpatient bed count for COVID patients to 5,700.
On Sunday, 1,636 adults and 85 children under age 18 were admitted for COVID-19 care. Just 13 people were admitted to a Florida hospital for the flu, bringing the flu hospitalization total to 96. One person died from influenza, in Florida, on Sunday.
The local positivity rate numbers have not been updated in several days due to the holiday weekend. The last report listed Palm Beach County’s positivity rate as 26.1 percent. We will update when that key metric is updated, presumably later Monday.
Palm Beach County’s mandatory mask requirement for County-owned and leased buildings is now in effect. As we were first to report last week, all Palm Beach County School District employees and visitors must wear a mask starting on Tuesday. School resumes for students on Wednesday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton
- TROPICAL TROUBLE: Three Systems Growing, Potential Cyclone Likely To Develop
- Boynton Man Sues Marriott, Child Injured At Gaylord Palms
- Delray Beach Woman Jailed On Drug, Vehicle Violations
- DEVELOPING: Woman With Multiple Gunshot Wounds Found, Dies