BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his State Surgeon General speak nonsense about not testing for COVID-19, and about COVID being “hype,” hospitals are again filling up with the sick and very sick.
According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, there are now 6,734 adults hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19. The pediatric count is 180. At least 34 people died Monday in Florida hospitals from COVID-19.
The CDC has not updated the official Florida “new case” count since December 28th. We expect an update today. The Palm Beach County School District has also not updated since school ended for winter break. The total case count on December 22nd was 7,804. We are expecting a significant jump over the next several days as private schools — already in session — are experiencing massive sick-outs due to COVID-19.
We expect to update COVID numbers later Tuesday with the first round of data for 2022.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY
- BREAKING: TORNADO WATCH IN EFFECT
- “MY SON STABBED ME!” Boca Raton Man Jailed For Attempted Murder
- SIRENS: Assaults In Delray Beach, Sick On I-95, Dead On The Intracoastal
- BREAKING: Adult Dead, Two Children Critical Following Boat Crash On Intracoastal
- At Least 71 Die From COVID In Florida Hospitals Friday
- Boca Raton’s Chris Evert, Tennis Superstar, Announces Cancer Diagnosis