At Least 52 People Died From COVID On Wednesday In A Florida Medical Facility.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 7:52 PM — CDC just released Florida’s new case count for cases logged on Wednesday, January 5th, and it is a near record. 67,369 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Florida on Wednesday.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another 2,212 people were admitted to hospitals in Florida on Wednesday as COVID-19 continues to spread and for now seems to be unstoppable.
There are now 8,406 hospital beds in use for COVID-19 patients in Florida. 943 patients are so critical that they are in an ICU. The pediatric COVID hospitalization count is now 144. At least 52 people died from COVID-19 in a Florida medical facility on Wednesday. The data was just released by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
In Palm Beach County, the local positivity rate is now 37.38 percent — the highest ever recorded in Palm Beach County during all of COVID-19. At least 24,792 new COVID-19 cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over the past 7 days. 802 people have been admitted to a Palm Beach County over the seven day period.
We will update with the latest State of Florida infection numbers when that data is released later Thursday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY
- BREAKING: TORNADO WATCH IN EFFECT
- “MY SON STABBED ME!” Boca Raton Man Jailed For Attempted Murder
- SIRENS: Assaults In Delray Beach, Sick On I-95, Dead On The Intracoastal
- BREAKING: Adult Dead, Two Children Critical Following Boat Crash On Intracoastal
- At Least 71 Die From COVID In Florida Hospitals Friday
- Boca Raton’s Chris Evert, Tennis Superstar, Announces Cancer Diagnosis