At Least 52 People Died From COVID On Wednesday In A Florida Medical Facility.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 7:52 PM — CDC just released Florida’s new case count for cases logged on Wednesday, January 5th, and it is a near record. 67,369 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Florida on Wednesday.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another 2,212 people were admitted to hospitals in Florida on Wednesday as COVID-19 continues to spread and for now seems to be unstoppable.
There are now 8,406 hospital beds in use for COVID-19 patients in Florida. 943 patients are so critical that they are in an ICU. The pediatric COVID hospitalization count is now 144. At least 52 people died from COVID-19 in a Florida medical facility on Wednesday. The data was just released by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
In Palm Beach County, the local positivity rate is now 37.38 percent — the highest ever recorded in Palm Beach County during all of COVID-19. At least 24,792 new COVID-19 cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over the past 7 days. 802 people have been admitted to a Palm Beach County over the seven day period.
We will update with the latest State of Florida infection numbers when that data is released later Thursday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching
- Massachusetts Man Allegedly Batters Driver After Boca Raton Crash