At Least 60 Florida Hospital Patients Died From COVID-19 On Friday.
Palm Beach County Positivity Soars — Now 38.22 Percent.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 situation continues to worsen with 9,416 people now hospitalized for COVID care. On Friday, the United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 2,240 adults and 114 children under age 18 were admitted to a Florida hospital.
HHS reports that 60 people in a Florida medical facility died from COVID-19 on Friday.
When compared to the flu, there is no question: COVID is causing sickness and death at an incomparable multiple. Only ten people were admitted to Florida hospital on Friday for the flu, and just one person died. The total number of hospitalized flu patients in Florida is 87.
As we reported late Friday when the numbers were released, the CDC reports 76,887 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Florida on Thursday. The daily counts tend to be related late on the following day. Friday’s numbers will likely be released late Saturday.
In Palm Beach County, the testing positivity rate continues to climb. It is now an all-time high of 38.22 percent. The seven-day rolling average compares the total number of tests administered against the number of tests that return a positive result. We believe the positivity rate has never hit 38 percent over the entire COVID pandemic.
According to CDC data, at least 29,147 new COVID cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over the past seven days, while 1,010 people in Palm Beach County have been admitted to local hospitals over the past seven days.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching