At Least 70 Patients Died From COVID-19 In A Florida Hospital On Monday.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Hospitals are continuing to experience a surge in patients needing COVID care. The United States Department of Health and Human Services Tuesday afternoon reported that 11,078 hospital beds in the state are now in use by COVID-19 patients.
At least 1,367 of those adults are in an ICU.
On Monday, 2,096 adults and 101 children under age 18 were admitted to hospitals in Florida in need of COVID help. At least 70 patients died from COVID on Monday in a Florida medical facility.
In Florida, the Monday numbers have not yet been released — we expect an update late Tuesday — but the CDC says 77,156 new cases were logged on Saturday, while 49,548 were recorded on Sunday — a day when fewer testing facilities are open.
In Palm Beach County, 29,147 new COVID-19 cases have been recorded over the past seven days, with a testing positivity rate of 37.03 percent. At least 1,139 people have been admitted to a hospital in Palm Beach County, for COVID, over the past seven days.
Meantime, KINSA — the company that aggregates health data based on hundreds of thousands of “connected” thermometers — is keeping Palm Beach County at a critical risk level of 99 for COVID-19 spread. KINSA’s data is used by public health officials worldwide. The company is credited with accurately predicting the first waves of COVID-19, as well as subsequent spread.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW