Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Now 36.24 Percent.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida is again rising dramatically on a daily basis. As of Wednesday afternoon, at least 11,108 adults are in a Florida hospital for COVID treatment. The pediatric in-patient count is now 235.
On Tuesday, the United States Department of Health and Human Services reports 2,414 adults and 135 children under age 18 were admitted to a Florida hospital for COVID. Tuesday’s hospital COVID death count stands at 61.
Statewide, the CDC says Florida logged a near record-setting 71,742 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, bringing the seven-day moving average to 65,735.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate remains exceptionally high, with the CDC reporting it as 36.24 percent, based on data from the Florida Department of Health. At least 1,222 COVID patients were admitted to a Palm Beach County Hospital over the past seven days, with 29,147 cases logged locally over the past week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Six Counts Of Aggravated Assault On Senior Citizen
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY