Single Day Record Set Tuesday. More Than 1,000 Cases Recorded Over One Week.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District appears to have set a record Tuesday when it recorded 345 COVID-19 cases. That record comes one day after the system added 273.
Over just one week, the Palm Beach County School District has recorded 1,012 COVID-19 cases.
With Florida Governor Ron DeSantis banning mask mandates in schools, COVID — according to those familiar with the matter — is spreading unfettered. While most students and teachers are wearing masks, it’s those who are not, or not wearing them correctly, that are causing problems. The spike is also attributed to students still returning from winter break which ended more than a week ago.
Among the notable case counts in South Palm Beach County: Olympic Heights High with 155 cases; Boca Raton High with 150 cases; Spanish River High with 115 cases; West Boca Raton Community High with 116 cases; Verde K-9 reports 108 cases; Eagles Landing Middle reports 97 cases; Calusa Elementary reports 96 COVID cases; Addison Mizner reports 96 COVID-19 cases; Omni Middle has logged 78 COVID cases; Loggers Run Middle reports 72 cases; Sunrise Park reports 71 cases; and Whispering Pines Elementary reports 57 cases.
In total, the Palm Beach County School District reports 8,824 COVID-19 cases this school year, with 7,426 students and 1,398 employees testing positive. The school district has already more than doubled the entire case count from the 2020-2021 school year.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY