At Least 56 Die In Florida Hospitals From COVID On Wednesday, Says HHS.
Nearly 5 Million Positive COVID-19 Tests Recorded In Florida.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Department of Health and Human Services says 56 people died in Florida hospitals on Wednesday from COVID-19. The death count comes as another 2,458 adults and 126 children under age 18 were admitted to a Florida hospital for COVID-19 care.
That brings the total number of COVID beds in use to 11,590 statewide. HHS reports that 1,472 adults are in a Florida ICU for COVID-19 care.
Influenza continues to be just a small issue in Florida, according to the latest data. One person died from the flu on Wednesday in a Florida medical facility, while 22 people were admitted for influenza care. There are a total of 91 patients in a Florida hospital who are being treated for the flu.
In Palm Beach County, the latest data — released Wednesday night — shows a slightly decreasing positivity rate. The seven day rolling average is 36.24 percent. That is still astronomical when compared to previous waves of COVID-19, but is slightly down from a high of 37 percent. At least 29,147 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County over the past seven days. At least 1,222 people have been admitted to a Palm Beach County hospital for COVID care over the past week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Six Counts Of Aggravated Assault On Senior Citizen
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY