Florida Records 59,061 New COVID-19 Cases On Thursday, But Seven Day Average Is Declining.
HHS: 64 Die In Florida Hospitals On Thursday From COVID-19.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The latest COVID-19 numbers from the CDC and the United States Department of Health and Human Services present a “glass half empty,” “glass half full” look at Florida’s COVID situation.
The bad news: hospitalizations continue to rise. At least 2,338 adults and 132 children under age 18 were admitted to a hospital in Florida on Thursday for COVID-19 treatment. That brings the Florida hospitalization total to 11,552 COVID patients.
Thursday’s COVID-19 death count, in a Florida hospital or medical facility, is 64.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate again dropped a minuscule amount — it is now 34.9 percent. At least 29,147 new COVID-19 cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over the past seven days, while at least 1,193 people have been admitted to a Palm Beach County hospital over the past week.
Now, the good news: Florida logged 59,061 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday. While that is up from Wednesday’s 55,573, it remains down significantly from the 71,746 recorded on January 11th. The seven day moving average also continues a downward trend — it was 65,686 on Tuesday, 64,033 on Wednesday, and 61,500 on Thursday. Today’s numbers will be released late Saturday. While it may be too soon to declare an official peak, it does appear that numbers are slowly starting to decline.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Six Counts Of Aggravated Assault On Senior Citizen
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY