More Than 1300 Cases Logged Over Past Four Days
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation is worsening in the Palm Beach County School District, which now reports more than 1,300 cases logged over the past four days.
Between January 10th and January 14th, 1,310 students and employees have tested positive for COVID — bringing the school year total to 9,466. During the entire 2020-2021 school year, 3,855 COVID tests were logged — that number seemed astronomical at the time.
Among local schools with notable case counts: Olympic Heights High reports 147 students and 23 employees have tested positive this school year; Boca Raton High reports 143 students and 15 employees; Spanish River High has logged 127 students and 8 employees; West Boca Raton Community High reports 126 students and 15 employees; Verde K-8 has logged 104 student and 9 employee cases; Eagles Landing Middle reports 97 students and 19 employees; Addison Mizner has recorded 90 students and 15 employees; and Clausa Elementary reports 88 students and 12 employees.
Even with reduced mandatory “stay home” time for teachers, schools are still facing significant staffing shortages resulting in combined classes. There is now a total of 9,466 COVID-19 cases in the Palm Beach County School District, with 7,943 students and 1,523 employees testing positive since the start of the school year.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified