BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another 78 people died from COVID-19 in Florida hospitals on Saturday. The latest report from the United States Department of Health and Human Services also reveals that no one died from the flu.
According to the Sunday report from HHS, 2,159 adults and 120 children under age 18 were admitted to a Florida hospital for COVID-19 on Saturday. That brings the number of hospital beds in use statewide, for COVID-19 care, to 11,276.
In Palm Beach County, the CDC says the positivity rate is starting to decline. The seven-day average has dropped to 32.53 percent. It is still astronomical when compared to previous waves of COVID-19, but is now down from an Omicron high of 37 percent.
The CDC also reports, using Florida Dept. of Health data, that 1,114 people have been admitted to hospitals in Palm Beach County for COVID care over the past seven days, while 26,866 cases have been logged over the same time period in Palm Beach County.
The CDC will next update local numbers on Tuesday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified