BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that another 66 people died from COVID-19 in Florida hospitals on Wednesday. The deaths come as the Palm Beach County School Districts that 10,538 students and employees have now tested positive for COVID during the 2021-2022 school year. That is more than triple the number of positive cases logged during the entire 2020-2021 school year.
At least 2,148 adults were admitted to a Florida hospital on Wednesday for COVID treatment, while 107 children under the age of 18 were also admitted. There are now 11,575 inpatient beds being used, in Florida hospitals, for COVID-19 care.
Meantime, Florida’s daily new case count ticked up for the first time in several days. The CDC says 43,179 new cases were logged by health officials in Florida on Wednesday in data released on Thursday. That is a significant jump from the 33,032 cases recorded on Tuesday. The seven-day moving average in Florida for new cases is now 45,601.
In Palm Beach County, the testing positivity rate is still astronomical when compared to previous waves, but is slowly starting to decline from its high of 37 percent. The positivity rate is now 29.28 percent. At least 1,059 people have been admitted to a Palm Beach County hospital, for COVID-19, over the past seven days.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed