Florida Logs 83 Deaths On Saturday…
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — New reporting that the DeSantis administration is dramatically undercounting or underreporting COVID infections in Florida may be accurate, according to the latest data from Kinsa.
Using hundreds of thousands of “connected” thermometers that transmit anonymous data to its servers, Kinsa compares current illness spread against traditional trends. Kinsa is credited with accurately predicting the first waves of COVID-19 — its data is used by public health officials worldwide. After lowering Palm Beach County to “moderate risk” just days ago, Kinsa just elevated Palm Beach County back to “Critical,” writing “there is uncontrolled spread of severe illness.”
The latest Kinsa “HealthWeather” report comes as the United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 83 people died in a Florida hospital on Saturday from COVID-19. Also Saturday, 1,911 adults and 75 children under age 18 were admitted for COVID care. The total number of inpatient beds in use for COVID patients in Florida is now 10,636.
In Palm Beach County, the seven-day rolling positivity rate is now 26.75 percent. 702 people were admitted to a hospital in Palm Beach County, for COVID, over the past week.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.