Victim Was Not Walking In Designated Crosswalk, According To Investigators.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Deerfield Beach resident Janet Thornbloom, 69, was stuck and killed by a car Wednesday night, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
From BSO: “According to investigators, the driver of a 2021 GMC Sierra was traveling northbound on South Federal Highway in the right thru lane approaching the 500 block. At the same time, a pedestrian, Janet Thornbloom, was crossing South Federal Highway from west to east and was not in a designated crosswalk. Thornbloom crossed into the path of travel of the GMC Sierra and was struck. The driver of the GMC Sierra immediately stopped following the crash.”
Thornbloom lived in the 400 block of SE 13th Court in Deerfield. Investigators say neither excessive speed nor impairment are being considered contributory factors to the crash. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified