BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Weather Service just issued a Freeze Watch for Palm Beach County and most of South Florida.
From the NWS:
Metro Palm Beach-Coastal Collier-
Including the cities of Palm Springs, Florida Gardens, Aberdeen,
Boca West, Naples, Marco Island, and Everglades City
135 PM EST Sat Jan 29 2022
…WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING…
…FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM EST SUNDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
- WHAT…For the Wind Advisory, northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with
gusts up to 35 mph. For the Freeze Watch, sub-freezing
temperatures as low as 32 possible especially well inland areas.
- WHERE…Metro Palm Beach and Coastal Collier Counties.
- WHEN…For the Wind Advisory, until 7 PM EST this evening. For
the Freeze Watch, from 1 AM EST Sunday through Sunday morning.
- IMPACTS…Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Frost and freeze conditions could kill crops, other sensitive
vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. To prevent
freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should
be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have
in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above-
ground pipes to protect them from freezing.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him