BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District overnight reported its 12,000th COVID-19 case for the school year, bringing the total to 12,114. The official split: 10,097 students and 2,017 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since the school year began.
While COVID-19 numbers are generally decreasing in the community, the school system continues to be plagued with problems. At least 2,351 new cases have been logged since January 18th. The school district on Monday officially relaxed its mask mandate for teachers and employees, making masks “optional” for those groups. Masks have been optional for students for several months due to executive orders by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
Olympic Heights High School, Spanish River High School, Boca Raton High Schol, West Boca High are among the Palm Beach County School District schools with the highest number of COVID-19 positive students and staffers.
The 2021-2022 school year has already brought more than three times the number of COVID-19 cases logged during the 2020-2021 school year when 3,855 were recorded between August and June.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified