BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District overnight reported its 12,000th COVID-19 case for the school year, bringing the total to 12,114. The official split: 10,097 students and 2,017 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since the school year began.
While COVID-19 numbers are generally decreasing in the community, the school system continues to be plagued with problems. At least 2,351 new cases have been logged since January 18th. The school district on Monday officially relaxed its mask mandate for teachers and employees, making masks “optional” for those groups. Masks have been optional for students for several months due to executive orders by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
Olympic Heights High School, Spanish River High School, Boca Raton High Schol, West Boca High are among the Palm Beach County School District schools with the highest number of COVID-19 positive students and staffers.
The 2021-2022 school year has already brought more than three times the number of COVID-19 cases logged during the 2020-2021 school year when 3,855 were recorded between August and June.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW