Federal Grand Jury Indictment Announced Wednesday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Adam Runsdorf, whose takedown on the Woodfield Country Club golf course we reported on January 22nd, has now been indicted by a federal grand jury.
This advisory was issued Wednesday evening by the United States Department of Justice:
A federal grand jury in Beaumont has returned a three-count indictment charging a Florida resident, along with nine other individuals, in a drug trafficking conspiracy in the Eastern District of Texas, announced U.S. Attorney Brit Featherston today.
The indictment charges Adam P. Runsdorf, 56, of Boca Raton, Florida, with conspiracy, trafficking in drugs with a counterfeit mark, and money laundering conspiracy. According to the indictment, Runsdorf is the owner and president of Woodfield Pharmaceutical LLC, a pharmaceutical business based in Boca Raton, Florida, with a manufacturing facility in Houston, Texas.
Runsdorf was arrested in Boca Raton on Jan. 14, 2022 pursuant to a criminal complaint alleging the same charges. Runsdorf joins nine other defendants in an existing indictment that was returned on Nov. 3, 2021.
The nine Texas individuals who have already been arrested on the indictment are:
- Tunji Campbell, a/k/a Mike, 43, of Webster;
- Byron A. Marshall, a/k/a Robert Griffin, a/k/a Dr. Griffin, 43, of Houston;
- Cheryl A. Anderson, 43, of League City;
- Ashley A. Rhea, a/k/a Ashley A. Johnson, 35, of Houston;
- Chauntell D. Brown, a/k/a Juan Brown, 49, of Manvel;
- Willis Reed, 60, of Richmond;
- Kalpen D. Patel, 36, of Richmond;
- Jonathan R. Shaver, 35, of Richmond; and
- Gina Acosta, 40, of Fresno.
According to the indictment, from April 2014 until August 2021, the defendants conspired to traffic misbranded and counterfeit drugs, specifically promethazine-codeine cough syrup. The indictment alleges the conspiracy resulted in approximately $52,736,000 in drug trafficking proceeds.
If convicted, the defendants face up to 20 years in federal prison.
This case is being investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Food and Drug Administration Office of Criminal Investigations, Federal Bureau of Investigation,
U.S. Marshals Service, Houston Police Department, Galveston Police Department, Galveston County Sheriff’s Office, Dickinson Police Department, League City Police Department, Pearland Police Department, Pasadena Police Department, Texas City Police Department, Harris County Precent #2, Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office, Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, Liberty County Sheriff’s Office, and the Texas National Guard. This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys John B. Ross and Jonathan C. Lee.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton