Palm Beach County Man Spent $20K, Golf Cart Died, ACGS Ignored Florida’s Demands.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Palm Beach County man has Florida’s Attorney General in his corner after spending roughly $20,000 on a golf cart that proved inoperable days after delivery.
Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody just filed suit in Palm Beach County against American Custom Golf Carts. According to the suit, ACGS sold PBC resident Jonathan Mauck a MOKE golf cart through its local dealer, Prime Golf Carts. The cost: $19,287.33. But after Mauck took delivery, “(the golf cart) stopped working after less than four miles and would not hold a charge. When it did work, it could not exceed 15 miles per hour even though its top speed is 35 miles per hour according to the manual and ACGC’s advertisements.”
After ACGC proved unable to fix the vehicle, and apparently refused to take it back, Mauck filed a complaint under Florida’s “Lemon Law.” An arbitration board ruled in Mauck’s favor and ordered ACGC to reimburse him the nearly $20,000 he spent on the cart.
But, according to the office of Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, American Custom Golf Carts ignored the order and refuses to pay. Under Florida law, that leads to fines of first $500 a day, and now $1,000 a day.
Moody’s lawsuit seeks an order forcing ACGS to comply with the Arbitration Board’s ruling and significant fines.
Read the complete suit, below.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office