Christopher Maasen Investigation Nearly One Year Old. Detectives Again Ask For Tips…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Detectives with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office are again asking you to think about what you saw or what you heard on February 19th, 2021, in the area of I-95 and Donald Ross Road. That is where Christopher Maasen was shot and killed around 1:42 in the afternoon after an altercation.
From the original PBSO report transmitted to media shortly after the murder:
“What we know so far is there was an altercation between two adult male motorists that resulted in gunfire. One male is deceased on scene. One male is currently detained for questioning.
Detectives from the Violent Crimes Division are currently on scene investigating. FHP and Palm Beach Gardens PD are assisting with traffic control.
Detectives are requesting anyone that may have been in the area and witnessed the shooting to contact PBSO Dispatch at 561-688-3400 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIPS.”
Now, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help as investigators are still trying to close the case. PBSO issued this advisory today:
“The Palm Beach County Sheriffs Office is seeking information on a homicide that occurred on February 19, 2021 at approximately 1:40 pm on Interstate 95 in Palm Beach Gardens. Christopher Maassen died at the scene. Detectives are seeking witnesses that may have witnessed the altercation that occurred in the Northbound Lanes of I95 near Donald Ross Road. Anyone with information is URGED to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton