BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The completely optional mask policy in the Palm Beach County School District — which applies to everyone — is now apparently no big deal. The new COVID-19 case count numbers are exceptionally low.
While everything having to do with masks was highly controversial for most of the pandemic, there is no controversy over the official numbers from the Palm Beach County School District’s COVID-19 dashboard. Since February 16th, just 163 new COVID-19 cases have been logged in the school district. Just 27 cases have been logged since February 25th. There are roughly 180,000 students, plus thousands of employees, in the school district.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ordered school districts to stop student mask requirements — and obtained a legal opinion last year to support his demand — last year. Teachers and staffers were still required to wear masks until recently. While fear remains that another wave could cause more COVID problems, for, now there is no problem. There were zero COVID-19 cases reported on several days in February.
For the 2021-2022 school year, the COVID-19 case count is still exceptionally high. 13,210 cases have been reported this school year, with 10,991 attributed to students and 2,219 attributed to employees.
Only 3,855 COVID-19 cases were logged during the entire 2020-2021 school year.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday