BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — An area man is dead following a high-impact crash in Broward County that led to a Hyundai Genesis catching fire, then becoming engulfed in flames.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office says the man, who has not yet been identified, was traveling westbound on East Oakland Park Boulevard in a 2016 Hyundai Genesis sedan approaching the intersection of North Dixie Highway in the far right thru lane. According to detectives, the vehicle was traveling at an excessively high rate of speed. After traveling over the railroad tracks, east of the intersection, the driver was unable to maintain control of the vehicle.
The passenger side of the vehicle struck a wooden utility pole, then continued west where it struck a concrete pole. The force of the impact caused the vehicle to wrap around the concrete pole. After the vehicle came to a rest, it became engulfed in flames. Bystanders were unable to remove the driver before the vehicle caught fire.
Detectives report that excessive speed is suspected to be a factor in the crash.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees