BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — An area man is dead following a high-impact crash in Broward County that led to a Hyundai Genesis catching fire, then becoming engulfed in flames.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office says the man, who has not yet been identified, was traveling westbound on East Oakland Park Boulevard in a 2016 Hyundai Genesis sedan approaching the intersection of North Dixie Highway in the far right thru lane. According to detectives, the vehicle was traveling at an excessively high rate of speed. After traveling over the railroad tracks, east of the intersection, the driver was unable to maintain control of the vehicle.
The passenger side of the vehicle struck a wooden utility pole, then continued west where it struck a concrete pole. The force of the impact caused the vehicle to wrap around the concrete pole. After the vehicle came to a rest, it became engulfed in flames. Bystanders were unable to remove the driver before the vehicle caught fire.
Detectives report that excessive speed is suspected to be a factor in the crash.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified