Clerk Feared Getting Hit With Wine Bottle. Suspect Claims Publix Steals From “Recovery Community.”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Delray Beach resident Michael Mascuch remains in the Palm Beach County Jail late Friday afternoon following his Wednesday arrest at the Publix at 1538 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
According to a police report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, Mascuch is accused of stealing wine, cheese, and beer from the store. He apparently took the items and made no attempt to pay. As he attempted to exit the store, employees locked the doors, which allegedly led to Mascuch “causing a scene” by threatening physical harm to employees. One employee told police that “he was afraid that Mscuch was going to strike him with the bottle of wine that he stole.”
Also according to the police report, “customers stopped what they were doing and began to watch Mascuch act out.” Mascuch allegedly told police that, “he used to work at Publix and they have been stealing money from him and taking advantage of people in the recovery community.”
He is charged with “simple assault, intentionally threaten to do violence,” “retail theft,” and “breach of peace.”
Mascuch was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 2:27 a.m. Wednesday and remains held on $1,000 bond.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida