American Yacht Group In Palm Beach County Says Customer Facebook Posts Are Libelous…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — American Yacht Group, a Palm Beach County-based yacht dealer, is suing a customer after that customer apparently posted negative comments on American Yacht Group’s Facebook page.
In the lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, American Yacht Group states that Marina Wozniakowski and her husband Michael, purchased a used $490,000 39-Foot HCB Yacht on July 30th. The Wozniakowskis, according to the purchase agreement and the lawsuit, had the opportunity to have the vessel fully inspected and tested. The lawsuit says the Wozniakowskis declined.
But after taking delivery of the yacht, the Wozniakowskis allegedly found problems — then posted those problems and claims to the American Yacht Group Facebook page. These are the comments highlighted in the lawsuit:
Attorneys for American Yacht Group, in the lawsuit, wrote: “the above statements or innuendo are false, and Defendant published the false statements of fact or false innuendo about AYG to indulge ill will, hostility, cause harm, and to financially damage AYG. The allegations against AYG are blatantly false and highly injurious to AYG as a business.”
The lawsuit seeks financial damages. The statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court is $30,000. Read the complete lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS