SOURCE: HEAD STRUCK, BUT NOT DECAPITATED.
WITNESS: “HUGE AMOUNT OF BLOOD.”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — COMPLETELY UPDATED AT 6:20 p.m. — A 23-year-old woman died mid-day Sunday after falling from a 23-foot boat near Boca Beach Club. Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that the woman struck a propellor. While surviving the initial fall and injury, she was transported to Delray Medical Center where she was pronounced dead. Initial reports from the scene that she was decapitated were incorrect, although the injuries were fatal. A witness said the victim was cut ”from the back of her head down her kneck.”
Boca Raton Fire Rescue provided to us the following statement following our initial report: “Today at approximately 12:15 p.m. Boca Raton Fire Rescue responded to a Water Rescue call at the Boca Inlet. An approximate 23’ open fisherman, center console craft, with 2 people on board, was attempting to enter the inlet, through 6-8’ swells. The boat was struck by a wave causing the female passenger of the boat to fall overboard. The male driver of the boat jumped into the water to rescue her. Lifeguards from the Boca Beach club swam into the water and pulled both the driver and the passenger onto the Beach Club shore side of the inlet. The passenger was transported to Delray Medical Center as a Trauma Alert by Boca Raton Fire Rescue. The driver did not sustain any injuries and remained on scene.”
The identity of the victim has not been released, nor has the identity of the person driving the boat.
If you have information or photographs, please send them to us using the form, below.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control
- Wheelchair Disaster At Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall Leads To Lawsuit
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton