POLICE CLAIM: Zipper Down When PBSO Stopped Vehicle…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man allegedly weaving on Atlantic Avenue near Lake Ida Road was charged with DUI after police stopped him late on the night of March 8th. The police report was just released by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.
Marcus Volce, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, was “weaving from left to right” in a black Ford pickup when a Deputy pulled behind him around 9:22 p.m. Wrote the Deputy, “the vehicle crossed over the painted lines several times. I remained behind the vehicle until he began to turn east onto Lake Ida Road. I activated my emergency lights to indicate a traffic stop. The defendant kept driving slowly. I activated a short siren burst to gain the defendant’s attention. The defendant then turned south on Monterey Estates Drive.”
During the traffic stop, the PBSO Deputy noted that Volce emerged from his vehicle with his zipper down. “I observed the defendant’s clothing was improperly worn. The defendant’s eyes were red and glassy. The defendant weaved as he walked from his vehicle to the front of mine.”
Volce allegedly failed multiple field sobriety tests, then refused to provide a breath sample. That’s an automatic license suspension in Florida under “implied consent.”
Volce was booked into jail on a charge of Driving Under the Influence. He was later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed