POLICE CLAIM: Zipper Down When PBSO Stopped Vehicle…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man allegedly weaving on Atlantic Avenue near Lake Ida Road was charged with DUI after police stopped him late on the night of March 8th. The police report was just released by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.
Marcus Volce, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, was “weaving from left to right” in a black Ford pickup when a Deputy pulled behind him around 9:22 p.m. Wrote the Deputy, “the vehicle crossed over the painted lines several times. I remained behind the vehicle until he began to turn east onto Lake Ida Road. I activated my emergency lights to indicate a traffic stop. The defendant kept driving slowly. I activated a short siren burst to gain the defendant’s attention. The defendant then turned south on Monterey Estates Drive.”
During the traffic stop, the PBSO Deputy noted that Volce emerged from his vehicle with his zipper down. “I observed the defendant’s clothing was improperly worn. The defendant’s eyes were red and glassy. The defendant weaved as he walked from his vehicle to the front of mine.”
Volce allegedly failed multiple field sobriety tests, then refused to provide a breath sample. That’s an automatic license suspension in Florida under “implied consent.”
Volce was booked into jail on a charge of Driving Under the Influence. He was later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified