Small Craft Advisory Was In Effect When Wave Toppled 22-Year-Old From Boat.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The young woman killed in Saturday’s boat disaster near Boca Beach Club has been identified, as has the driver of the vessel.
Lindsay Partridge, 22, of Nashua, New Hampshire died in the crash. Jacob Smith, 24, of Manchester, New Hampshire, was uninjured.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Officers continue to investigate the fatal incident. The agency provided the following preliminary report to BocaNewsNow.com:
“(The Open Motorboat) was traveling offshore approximately one quarter mile northeast of the Boca Inlet and 150 yards off-shore with two occupants on board. While the vessel was traveling north, a wave washed over the vessel. The victim (Lindsay Partridge) fell overboard and the occupant (Jacob Smith) attempted to maneuver the vessel to pick her up. The victim was brought to shore by the lifeguards at Boca Beach Club and was transported to the hospital where she was pronounced deceased. The weather advisory indicated a small craft advisory for the area.”
“The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission sends sincere condolences to Ms. Partridge’s family and friends during this tragic time,” said a spokesperson.
Eyewitnesses tell BocaNewsNow.com that Partridge fell from the boat, hit her head on the boat or its rotor, and was bleeding “profusely” when she was pulled from the water.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed