BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Joyce Rosen is facing a misdemeanor DUI charge following a multi-car crash.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Rosen was involved in a three car crash on March 10th, on Powerline Ride near Canary Palm Road. The first dispatch was made at 7:40 p.m.
According to the first responding PBSO Deputy, “Ms. Rosen stated to me her vehicle was the silver BMW. While speaking with Ms. Rosen, the odor of an alcoholic beverage emanated from her breath. Along with the odor, Ms. Rosen had slurred and stuttered speech. I then asked Ms. Rosen where she was coming from in which she told me Galdes and pointed southbound.”
The Deputy also wrote: “It should be noted that Glades Road is north of where the crash occurred and Ms. Rosen was not driving in the direction that correlated with coming from Glades Road. In addition, while Ms. Rosen was walking around her vehicle, she almost fell multiple times and could not keep her body upright.”
Ms. Rosen provided breath samples which allegedly yielded .064 and .058, both below the legal limit of .08. However, PBSO still charged her with DUI — although at the misdemeanor level. She was also cited for failure to operate a vehicle with “due care.”
Joyce Rosen, 70, was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance. A court date is pending.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach