Palm Beach County Pedicure Leads To Hospitalization, Lawsuit.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Palm Beach County woman claims she was critically injured as a result of a pedicure. Now, she’s suing for more than $30,000.
Gail Duane claims that TD Nail Spa is to blame for an allegedly serious medical condition that developed after she received a pedicure and foot bath. According to the lawsuit:
“On May 20, 2021, the Plaintiff, Gail Duane, was a customer of the Defendant, TD Nail Spa, Inc., and received a pedicure and foot bath. On that date, the technician performed a salt scrub exfoliation followed by wrapping both legs of the Plaintiff in moist hot towels followed by the application of collagen products.”
“Subsequent to the May 20, 2021 visit, Duane developed red blotches that evolved into pustules on both legs. Thereafter, they advanced and became blisters. In June she began treatment for the infection that had arisen. The infection progressed and Duane required hospitalizations, antibiotic therapy, surgical debridement and resulting cellulitis.”
The suit claims that TD Nail Spa failed to conduct an appropriate medical history, failed to use care during Duane’s treatment, and violated State of Florida regulations regarding sterilization, cleansing, and disinfection.
Attorney Christopher Larmoyeux of Larmoyeux and Bone represents Duane in the suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed