WHY WON’T DELRAY BEACH POLICE TALK ABOUT THE CASE?
Delray Beach Police Continue To Say Nothing About Arrest, Use Of #SnipMyCory, Release Of Suspect. But BocaNewsNow.com Obtains Police Report.
BY: CRIME DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Delray Beach woman arrested for distributing obscene material last week allegedly posted video of a naked 15-year-old girl to Twitter.
The Delray Beach Police Department remains uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the arrest. Information regarding those who allegedly prey on children is often released quickly to the public in an effort to warn parents and encourage other alleged victims to come forward. But the Delray Beach Police Department continues to hold its report from public view, in violation of Florida law. It has refused to satisfy FS119 requests filed by MetroDesk Media, LLC — the parent company of BocaNewsNow.com.
We obtained the police report from other sources.
Annabelle Stanley, 22, of the 300 block of SE 1st Avenue is accused of posting video of a naked 15-year-old girl to the Twitter account of “@snipmycory.”
According to information obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Stanley’s alleged victim lives in New Hampshire and filed a police report there in September of 2021. After serving warrants on Twitter, Google and Verizon, Police traced that account to Annabelle Stanley in Delray Beach.
Stanley, according to the report, initially denied that she was responsible for the account or the posting, but her sister allegedly told police that it was, in fact, Annabelle Stanley. “(The sister) said Annabelle Stanley had shown her the account on her phone and admitted to being the one who had involvement in posting image of (the victim). I again spoke with Annabelle Stanley who eventually recanted her initial statement and admitted that the photo and video had been posted from her phone.”
“Stanley admitted that while I was there she attempted to delete the image and video that was posted on the account @snipmycory,” wrote an investigating officer.
The phone was shared with forensic experts at neighboring Boynton Beach Police. Those experts were allegedly able to extract the deleted photo and video of the 15-year-old from Annabelle Stanley’s phone.
Stanley was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail but later released on her own recognizance– something of a rarity in this type of case. She remains free pending upcoming court dates.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified